Information we collect In order to operate the BIM payment services, Buy It Mobility Networks Inc. must ask you to provide information about yourself and your checking account. The information we request may include, but is not limited to, information such as your name, address, email address, password, PIN, driver license or state/military identification number, date of birth, phone number, and bank account information (“Personal Information”).
We also may collect information about when you use our Services, including as follows:
- Transaction Information. When you use our Services to make payments, we collect information about when and where the transactions occurred, a description of the transactions, the payment amount, and information about the devices used to complete the transaction.
- Use Information. We collect information about how you use our Services, including your access times, browser types and language, and Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses.
We may also collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to third-party verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers, and publicly available sources. In some circumstances, this information may include your Social Security or taxpayer identification number.
Updating account information BIM, or its authorized agents, will not modify your information without your permission, except in the case of correcting an obvious error (such as your zip code). You are responsible for keeping your financial account information with the enrolled bank account up to date. You may update or correct your information at by calling 1-646-926-4265.
Information we may disclose BIM, or its authorized agents, may disclose information on purchases that you make to our participating merchants as permitted or required by law, including companies that perform marketing services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements. These agreements allow us to extend the value of your membership or provide you with special savings. Information will normally be limited to name, address and/or email address.
Aggregate Information: We will also use Personal Information to create aggregated data for analytical purposes. This statistical information does not contain any Personal Information and is used to understand our customer base and to better serve our market. BIM reserves the right to share such aggregate data with 3rd parties.
Email Communications: If you create an account and provide your email address, we may send you administrative and promotional emails. If you wish to opt out of promotional emails, you may do so by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the email, or by editing your account settings as described below. All users receive administrative emails. If you wish to opt out of administrative emails, you must delete your account entirely and cease use of the Service.
Third parties At BIM maintaining your trust and confidence is our top priority. We do not sell or rent non-public personal information about our members or former members. BIM will disclose your Personal Information to third parties only in the following limited circumstances:
- if you use the Service, we may disclose your name (but not your email address) to the associated Merchant to aid in the utilization process and program tracking;
- to Contractors who are performing marketing services, delivering goods, administering promotions, analyzing data and usage of the Service, processing payments, operating the Service or providing support and maintenance services for the Service, or providing customer service. We use reasonable efforts to enter into agreements with all Contractors that require Contractors to use the Personal Information they receive only to perform services for us;
- to investigate reports of fraud, and to correct any issues associated therewith;
- when we have your consent to share the information; and
- to third party providers of white-labeled BIM applications. In these circumstances, you will have already shared your email address with said third party, and we will provide it with additional analytics using some of your personal information for the general improvement of the white labeled BIM application.
Aggregate Information: We may disclose anonymous, aggregated information to third parties such as potential business partners, Merchants, advertisers, and funding sources, in order to describe our business and operations.
Information and any other information BIM collects in connection with the Service (a) to any successor to BIM’s business, including as a result of any merger, acquisition, asset sale or similar transaction, (b) to any law enforcement, judicial authority, or governmental or regulatory authority, to the extent required by law or legal process, or (c) if in BIM’s reasonable discretion, such use or disclosure is necessary to enforce or protect BIM’s legal rights or to protect third parties.
Security We use reasonable security precautions to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Information in accordance with this policy and applicable law. However, no Internet transmission is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee that security breaches will not occur. Without limitation of the foregoing, we are not responsible for the actions of hackers and other unauthorized third parties.
Children: BIM does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information from persons under 18 years of age, and no part of the Service is directed at persons under 18. If you are under 18 years of age, then please do not use the Service. If BIM learns that personally identifiable information of persons less than 18 years of age has been collected without verifiable parental consent, then BIM will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of driver license magnetic stripe By applying for a BIM payment account and enrolling your driver license information, you have voluntarily provided certain personal information to BIM or its authorized agents, in order to participate in this program. No information will be taken from your driver license’s magnetic stripe at participating merchants to create a database.
Customer Service Correspondence If you send us correspondence, including e-mails and faxes, we and/or our authorized agents retain such information in the records of your account. We and/or our authorized agents will also retain customer service correspondence and other correspondence from BIM or its authorized agents to you. We retain these records in order to measure and improve our customer service and to investigate potential fraud and violations. We may, over time, delete these records as permitted by law.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about information we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the address listed below.
This policy was last updated on May 30, 2014